The intent of the Skills Portfolio is to serve as a framework for self-assessment, career planning, and preparation for job interviews. It is designed to help young people taking part in international mobility projects, which will record skills developed during mobility program. It is a personal record of your accomplishments, therefore it should reflect your true abilities, skills and accomplishments.
A mobility experience is the best way to grow personally and professionally. In fact, volunteering or work experience abroad has an added values, as it takes place in a different cultural context, pushing you against your boundaries and limits and allowing you to understand how to overcome them and to empower your abilities.
A lot of youngsters never categorize what they know in terms of knowledge and skills. School/university graduates absorb a lot of information that is not integrated with knowledge and competencies gained through work and life experiences.
The four main advantages of this skills portfolio are:
- Skills awareness;
- Relevance and adaptability;
- Record of acquisition;
- Interview boost.
Your skills portfolio will consist of the descriptions of your abilities in each of the skill areas. You will give responses to statements that will show your competencies. The aim is to make you think about concrete examples that you could provide for instance during a job interview to justify your skills and valorize your mobility project.
Thanks to this portfolio, you can:
- assess the skills you already have,
- choose the skills you aim to acquire,
During your activities your new skills can be assessed and endorsed
PROs of Mobility:
- It makes you more competitive in the labour market.
- It allows you to stand out from other people, as it makes you become more flexible and adaptable to different labour contexts.
- You “learn by doing” thanks to non-formal and informal methodologies usually applied in volunteering context, which are useful for applying for future jobs.
- It empowers your soft skills.
- You are active and feel engaged in civil society.
- It gives you the opportunity to have an internationally recognized certificate, which increase your chance to be successful in the labour market.